I know that I have strayed away from what my blog is all about, but I could not help it. I am so thrilled and overjoyed to have ever been nominated for anything, let alone an award, and to nominated for the Liebster Award is an honour; for which the award is given to new up and coming bloggers to help each other gain exposure and network from others.
It is an award given to up and coming blogs, and I am very thankful to one and all for been a part of this group; and also thanks to Chelcie Porter of http://www.chelciesporter.net, who had nominated me, so please make sure to check out her blog.
Here are the eleven (11) questions I was given to answer:
1.Where are you from and where are you now? Born and Raised in Tobago, Trinidad and Tobago.
2. How did you get into blogging and what are you goals and aspirations for your blog?
I started blogging in 2015, which was inspired by a foreign food writer who was visiting my country and wanted to know about Tobago Culinary Scene and she was amazed as to how much information, which she got from me; as well as my friends, who thought it would be a great idea for me to use the photographs and information, which I had been given and taken over the years as I go on outings around the island with my trusted tablet, which is not working, so I have to do it all over again and I am enjoying it. My goals and aspirations for my blog, is turn into a Caribbean Brand, showcasing, highlighting, reviewing the Caribbean local food and beverage entrepreneurs and their products and services, as well as recipes, restaurants, events, and much more from each island across the Caribbean; as well as launch a magazine; and lots more.
3.What was your favorite city you ever visited and why? I have only travelled between Trinidad and Tobago, and I love my homeland. I plan to travel the Caribbean soon. I also love food, chocolate, cake, writing and iPhone photography.
4.Where is your next big adventure taking you? Travelling across the Caribbean 2017. I have to renew my passport, first and begin my journey.
5.What is the craziest thing you have ever done while traveling? Zip lining and Kite surfing. I am not kite surfing ever again, the zip lining was fun.
6. Do you have a travel partner? And if so, how did you meet? No travel partner, I travel solo and light. I love meeting and networking with people.
7. What is your favorite quote or book? My favorite quote is: Where there’s a will; There’s a way. My favorite books are romance novels, recipe books of the Caribbean, holy bible.
8. At what age did you start traveling? I travelled between Trinidad and Tobago, at the age of six; but I plan to start travelling across the Caribbean.
9. What is your biggest fear? My biggest fear is not accomplishing everything which I have set out to do with my life; as I have so many things still to have accomplished, and I want to learn and grow personally by meeting all my goals and objectives.
10. What did you want to be when you grew up, and how does that compare to where you are now? I always wanted a freelance writer and offering a wide range of freelance writing services to the general public and travel the Caribbean. Even thou, I am employed as a General Insurance Underwriter with a Motor Vehicle Insurance Company, I have never given up on my dreams to become a freelance writer and so working part-time as a Freelance Food Writer and Food Blogger is exactly what I doing. I plan to press on ahead, with my food writing business service until it warrants my full attention.
11. What is your favorite blog post you have written? Apart from my life as a Freelance Food Writer and Blogger and Confessions of a Food Writer and Blogger, which is more to come. I would have to say my favorite blog is “A Trinbago Christmas”.
Thanks again for the nomination Chelcie Porter.