When I saw this website Cooking Classy with Jaclyn and the great recipes, I just had to try a few of her recipes and the one I loved the most is Creamy Chicken and Corn Chowder.
Creamy Chicken and Corn Chowder
- 1 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded (3 cups)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled*
- 1/4 cup butter, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 – 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- Green onions and seeded, finely chopped jalapenos (optional), for serving
In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add red bell pepper, onions, jalapenos and saute until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds longer. Stir in flour, and cook 2 minutes stirring constantly. While stirring, slowly add in chicken broth and whisk until well blended. Add potatoes, bay leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture to a boil stirring frequently, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, 10 minutes or just until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Add in cooked chicken, corn and half and half and simmer, uncovered 10 – 15 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Serve warm topped bacon, green onions, and optional jalapeno peppers.
If you are looking for more great recipes check out: http://www.cookingclassy.com, with Jaclyn. Her recipes are great.